What is the role of setting in literature?
The setting tells you when, where, and what time the book/short story/poem/etc. is taking place. This is important so that the reader can have a picture in their head of where the story is occurring.
- In three minutes, write everything you know about what setting is, and how it can be used.
- Try to consider a text (movie, tv, or, even print) that you have encountered that was clearly influenced by its setting.
Write a Literature Review
- Narrow your topic and select papers accordingly.
- Search for literature.
- Read the selected articles thoroughly and evaluate them.
- Organize the selected papers by looking for patterns and by developing subtopics.
- Develop a thesis or purpose statement.
- Write the paper.
- Review your work.
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «What is the role of setting in literature?» so you can surely find the answer!